While also compatible with Mac and Windows systems, the iXR Trackpad from Tascam is a portable audio/MIDI USB interface primarily designed for recording to your iPhone and iPad at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. It is MFi-certified, connecting to iOS devices via standard USB to Lightning or 30-pin cables without the need for an external adapter.
The unit features two Ultra-HDDA mic preamps with phantom power, two direct inputs for your guitar or bass, two line inputs for your keyboards, and MIDI in/out connectors to boot. To avoid latency, the monitor knob on the front panel allows you to hear your pure analogue path, so you can avoid latency sometimes associated with digital recording.
Two balanced stereo outputs let you connect your iOS device to a concert sound system or to powered speakers. Furthermore, the unit can operate in a stand-alone mode when you want to practice an instrument without recording it. In addition to the software bundled with this interface, the Trackpack comes with a Tascam TM-60 microphone, a desktop stand, a vinyl protective cover for the iXR.
The iXR Trackpack allows you to connect directly to iOS devices via the lightning port, using its digital-to-analogue converters and a balanced output section to deliver a clean, clear signal to any recording or live sound engineer.
Recording & Playback Capabilities
Sporting dual XLR / 1/4" combo jacks and TASCAM's HDDA microphone preamps, this device allows you to connect any guitar, bass, keyboard or studio microphone. Likewise, it can communicate with virtual instruments performed within your iPhone or iPad. Also offered are latency-free monitoring, a headphone amp, and balanced stereo outputs.
A Suitable Go-Between for Mobile & Home Rigs
The iXR Trackpack can easily fit into any messenger bag or backpack, allowing you to take material you'Voe recorded on the go and, when you get home, continue working on your desktop Mac or Windows—all while using the same interface.
The iXR Trackpack includes a licence for Cubasis LE, a multitrack recording system for your iPad, as well as Cubase LE for Mac and Windows platforms.
So that you might record right out of the box, the Trackpack comes with the Tascam TM-60 microphone. You also get a desktop stand, a cable, and vinyl protective case for the iXR.
- High-resolution recording formats up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
- MFi-certified for direct connection with iOS devices using Lightning to USB cable (available separately).
- Slim, rolled-aluminium body with Kensington lock port and protective guards.
- Two Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps.
- Balanced XLR/TRS input jacks with +48V phantom power.
- Input-gain range of 57 dB for dynamic and condenser microphones.
- Supports direct guitar input.
- Offers multiple power options: USB charger, mobile battery with micro-USB output, or USB bus power from the computer.
- Will operate in a stand-alone mode when you want to hear a mic or instrument without recording it.
- Monitor knob on the front panel for zero-latency monitoring.
- Headphone-output mini jack with a dedicated volume knob.
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to powered monitors.
- MIDI input & output enable connection to keyboards and other MIDI devices.
- Supports Windows (ASIO/WDM) and Mac (Core Audio).
- Compliant with USB Audio 2.0.
- Compatible with most major DAW software.
- Firmware can be updated from an iOS device.