NAD Masters Series
Many of NAD’s new technology innovations are first introduced in this flagship series. World-class fit and finish reflect the advanced design and features enclosed within.
BluOS High-Res Music Streaming
Our Flagship Model Builds On Remarkable Success with Advanced Features, Cutting-Edge Technology and High Power
Part of a growing ecosystem of compatible products, BluOS tightly integrates hardware and software for an exceptional user experience. The only true wireless High-Resolution multi-room system available today, BluOS supports the new standard for High Res streaming, Master Quality Authenticated (MQA). BluOS also supports over 20 free and paid subscription services as well as supporting locally stored music libraries. With BluOS, the M33 retains all the audiophile features and further adds a range of facilities that will expand its capabilities yet simplifies ease-of-use at the same time. Operable with the BluOS app, the supplied remote control or through hands-free control with any Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device, the M33’s front panel never needs to be touched.
DIRAC Live Room Correction On Board
Experts agree that room acoustics are the weakest link in most sound systems with room reflections deteriorating tonal balance and dynamics. Dirac, one of the most highly regarded Room Correction systems available, not only adjusts for frequency response, but unlike other room correction systems, it also optimises the impulse response. By optimising the speaker/room interface, music sounds more natural and lifelike. Supplied with the M33 is a precision microphone to measure the room at and around the listening position so your system can be precisely calibrated for optimum performance. Even the most sophisticated loudspeakers can be markedly improved using Dirac calibration. Each of the 5 Dirac memory slots can store a unique room measurement or different frequency target curves to suit a particular musical taste or genre. The M33 also supports Dirac’s advanced ‘Bass Control’* feature with two independent subwoofer outputs.
Flexibility Meets Long-Term Value
In its standard form, the M33 is very complete with a wide range of in/outputs, BluOS, Dirac, HDMI and more already fully integrated. It will meet the requirements of the most demanding users. To minimize the risk of future obsolescence, the M33 comes with two MDC (Modular Design Construction) slots that allow for further expansion. NAD introduced the MDC platform well over a decade ago and allowed updating products with new technologies which didn’t even exist at time of introduction
Connection and Wireless Flexibility
Whether looking to connect digital or analogue sources, the M33 comes well equipped to accommodate for all of these: 6 digital inputs and 3 analogue inputs, including MM phono. Around back, the rear panel hosts two sets of speaker outputs capable of bi-wiring and a stereo Subwoofer Output with a fully configurable Digital Crossover. Airplay 2 and Bluetooth AptX-HD allow for local wireless streaming from a phone or tablet.
*Some features will be available via a future software update
Phono and Headphones Are Not Forgotten
The M33 has a high-quality MM Phono Input that rivals specialised outboard units. Accurate RIAA equalisation, a clever phase cancelling infrasonic filter, and a huge overload margin combine to bring out the best in LPs. Furthermore, headphone enthusiasts will delight at the sound of the discrete headphone amplifier, which is able to drive even planar and high impedance studio phones. With high voltage and low output impedance, headphones will sound their best. For those who wish to enjoy their headphones but not be tethered to a cable, the integrated Bluetooth AptX-HD module makes it simple to possible to enjoy wireless headphones as well.
Attractive Design With Outstanding Ergonomics
The all alloy casework is elegant yet practical. The single control knob for volume is supplemented by a colour LCD touchscreen display. Rigid panels with magnetic iso-point feet provide a solid foundation for the multi-layer circuit boards and intricate internal construction. The M33 employs a completely modern and fresh take on the traditional stereo amplifier, with features and performance from the future.
Smart Home Integration Made Easy
BluOS provides hands-free control with full integration of any Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant device. Through Airplay 2, control is also possible with Siri. Considerable effort has been spent to make the M33 fully compatible with all the leading smart home systems from leading companies like Apple, Crestron, Control4, Lutron, KNX and many others. This means that along with lighting, shades, HVAC, and security, the integrator or user can seamlessly control the BluOS multi-room music system from a common interface. All integrations are certified for reliable operation. The custom BluOS Apps for iOS and Android tablets and phones, as well as desktop control from Windows and Apple OS are available free-of-charge and are updated regularly.
Key Features of the NAD Masters M33:
- BluOS Streaming DAC Amplifier
- HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ Amplifier Technology
- Continuous Power: 200W into 8/4 Ohms
- 32-BIT/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC
- Dirac Live Room LE Correction*
- Colour LCD touch display
- BluOS multi-room Integration
- 2 x MDC Slots for Future Expansion
- Wireless control with AirPlay 2 and aptX HD Bluetooth Integration
- Comprehensive digital and analog connectivity including HDMI eARC
- Integrates seamlessly with leading smart home control systems
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers ability to upgrade to future digital formats as they become available. Two MDC slots provided.
- CI friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port. Trigger In/Out.
- IR In with learning function
*Some features will be available via a future software update; Full Dirac Live and Bass Control upgrades can be purchased through the Dirac Live software.
- 200 watts x 2 channels into 8 or 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.002% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Frequency response: 20-60,000 Hz
- 32-bit/384kHz ES9028Pro SABRE DAC built in
- supports high-res MQA, FLAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- Colour touchscreen display
- Supports voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices
- BluOS compatibility for further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- Built-in two-way Bluetooth® with aptX HD
- Receiver mode for playing sources wirelessly
- Headphone mode for listening on Bluetooth headphones
- Connects to your home network via built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® or wired Ethernet for music streaming
- Includes support for Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify®, TIDAL, Napster, Deezer, Qobuz and more (subscription required for some services)
- Free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- Free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android™, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Built-in Dirac Live room correction with included calibration microphone improves clarity and stereo imaging
- Analog stereo RCA audio input
- Phono stage input for turntables with moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- Balanced stereo XLR input
- Digital inputs (all 24-bit/192 kHz):
- 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- HDMI ARC input (2-channel PCM only; does not support Dolby Digital or DTS)
- USB (Type A) port for connecting a thumb drive or mass storage device
- AES/EBU XLR input
- Stereo RCA preamp output for connecting a separate amplifier
- 2 mono RCA outputs for connecting powered subwoofers
- Two sets of binding post speaker connectors
- Mini Type-B USB port for service updates
- IR input and 12-volt trigger in/out
What's in the box:
- Integrated streaming amplifier
- AC power cord
- Remote control (HTRM 2)
- 4 "AA" batteries
- 2 WiFi/Bluetooth antennas
- Auto calibration microphone
- USB microphone adapter
- 4 Magnetic feet
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Setup Guide
- Internet Update Guidelines
- Important Safety Instructions
- Dirac Live Quickstart Guide
- Warranty Card
A versatile and powerful streaming amplifier
The NAD Masters Series M33 has an incredible list of features that make it an ideal centre-piece for a two-channel audiophile sound system. It produces a stable 200 watts into an 8- or 4-ohm load, for compatibility with a wide range of speakers. It offers plenty of analog and digital inputs for making wired connections, along with multiple wireless music streaming options. And it offers built-in room correction and optional voice control.
A wealth of streaming features
If you like the convenience of wireless streaming, this amp has you covered: Bluesound's proprietary BluOS operating system gives you easy app-based access to popular online streaming services like Spotify®, Qobuz, and more, as well as your personal library of downloaded music, including high-res audio files. You can also enjoy lag-free multi-room wireless music when you add on Bluesound speakers and components for other rooms. Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music.
Two-way Bluetooth means you can play the audio from apps on your mobile device through the M33, or send music from the amp to compatible wireless speakers or headphones.
For analog music fans, the M33 offers unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs. A built-in phono stage lets vinyl lovers connect a turntable with moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
And there are a plethora of handy digital connections on the rear panel, including:
Dual optical and dual coaxial inputs for connecting a CD player, Blu-ray player, or output from a compatible TV
USB Type-A for connecting a thumb drive loaded with music
AES/EBU XLR input
HDMI ARC for enhancing dialogue, music, and sound effects from a compatible TV
Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network
The back panel features two sets of binding posts for connecting pairs of speakers. If you want extra bass, the M33 includes two mono RCA outputs for connecting powered subwoofers. There's also a headphone jack and analog preamp outputs.
Advanced room correction
The M33 includes Dirac Live — one of the industry's best room-correction platforms. This software-based system uses the included calibration microphone to take precise acoustic measurements of your room, and creates a customised correction curve that fine-tunes the output of your speakers and subwoofers. You get smooth, clear sound that's uniquely tailored to your space.
Innovative amplifier technology
This amp offers pristine Class D amplification thanks to HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ technology. It helps the amp maintain even frequency response into lower impedance loads, and minimises the occurrence of digital clipping. Of course, it also offers robust power output and accurate sound with minimal distortion, for a listening experience that's remarkably "analog-like."
|Number of Channels
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)
|Signal to Noise Ratio
|2 Sets for Bi-Wiring
|Bit Depth / Sample Rate
|Up to 24-bit / 192kHz
Inputs & Outputs
|Number of Inputs